Under Enforcement Directorate (ED), Eastern Region, Kolkata, Govt. of India
Under the management of Directorate of Enforcement [E.D], Kolkata Regional Office, Govt. of India
Courses for Students
- Lincolns High School, Siliguri, has the following courses of studies:
- The School year is divided into two terms ending examinations- September and March. In each term there are two unit tests in order to assess students’ progress. Special arrangement cannot be made for students who remain absent from the examinations.
- The ICSE Section (Class X) prepares the students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi, in the following subjects: English, Bengali / Hindi / Nepali, History, Geography, Science(Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology) Non Science Subjects offered are: Economic Application, Commercial Studies and Computer Application.
- ISC Section (Classes 11 and 12) accepts students who have passed ICSE or its equivalent, and prepares them for the Indian School Certificate Examination of the Council in three streams:
- Science Stream with English, Bengali / Hindi / Nepali / Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology.
- Humanities Stream with English, Hindi/Bengali/Nepali, History, Political Science, Geography, Computer Science/ Sociology, Economics
- Commerce Stream with English, Bengali / Hindi / Nepali, Economics, Mathematics / Business Studies, Accounts, Commerce.
NOTE : The ISC is a separate course. Admission to it is entirely at the discretion of the School Authorities even for the students who have completed the ICSE at Lincolns High School, Siliguri. A new application is required for admission to this course.
- No change of group is allowed once admission is confirmed.
- The ICSE, class X and ISC, Class XII Board Examinations are held in March.
- Lincolns High School, Siliguri being an English-Medium Co-Educational School, makes every effort to teach the students to use English effectively, as a written and spoken language.
Discipline: Special attention is given to ensure a high standard of morality and discipline in the school. A student must strive to attain qualities of mind and heart and integrate into his/her life, virtues such as honesty, sincerity, piety, compassion, generosity, love for nature and self reliance.
- The student’s personality, initiative and originality are given full scope in creative curricular activities and by involvement and participation in youth movements, clubs, sports and games.